I'm trying to get the 1963 C10 running. The harmonic balancer was bad so I replaced it with a double groove harmonic balancer. Soon I'll check the timing, compression and make sure I have spark. The engine seems to have good compression when I turn it by hand.
I made a short video for the Tips & Tricks Section.
The front disc brake upgrade is complete. Leaks are sealed up. The rear drum brakes will need some adjustment. I used a 1995 Blazer brake booster and master cylinder. The Blazer proportioning valve was replaced with a Summit Racing brake bias valve so I can fine tune the rear brakes to avoid having them lock up.
Three gallons of Quikcrete Epoxy Garage Floor Coating was applied to the shop floor.
I added a few shims to get the pulleys lined up. Belts run very straight now.
Lots of other things have distracted me from working on my C10. However, I did manage to get the PS pulleys lined up. No leaks with these new hoses. I'm overjoyed!
See my BLOG entries from prior months below:
My Hobbies are:
- Main BLOG Page
- The Purchase
T5 Info Page
- Thinking about installing a T5? READ THIS FIRST
- Making a Custom Shifter
- Complete T5 Driveline - Installation from Engine to Rear Axle
- S10 T5 Transmission Jeep Shaft Swap - DIY and skip the adapter plate.
- Camaro Drive Gear Relocation
- T5 Tail Stock with a Cable Speedo Connection
- World Class and Non-World Class versions of the T5 - How to tell them apart.
- A possible solution for cable speedometers.
- T5 Transmission Identification - What the Tags and Markings Mean
- What's the difference between a Camaro T5, an S10 T5, and an Astro T5?
- How to determine the T5 gearing
- T5 Transmission Rebuild
- T5 pre-purchase inspection and questions
- T5 Resource List
- T5 Case Inspection
- Bell housing differences
- T5 Drive Gear and Driven Gear Combinations
- A Camaro T5 with the S10 Conversion
Tips & Tricks Section
- DIY 3 Point Seat Belt Installation
- Making the Steering Column Safer
- How to improve gauge cluster lighting.
- Stripping Paint - Polycarbide Abrassive Wheel
- Jeep Cherokee Door Check Modification - Very Simple
- Steering column modification
- A simple way to remove old control arm bushings.
- An easy way to adjust brake shoes
- How to remove a pilot bushing from the crankshaft.
- Cutting spot welds
- E-brake clip removal made easy
- POR 15 with less mess.
- Engine Dolly - EZ to make
- Steering Wheel Restoration Page
- Other Projects
- Random Pics