Three gallons of Quikcrete Epoxy Garage Floor Coating was applied to the shop floor.
I added a few shims to get the pulleys lined up. Belts run very straight now.
Lots of other things have distracted me from working on my C10. However, I did manage to get the PS pulleys lined up. No leaks with these new hoses. I'm overjoyed!
This took some serious planning and careful work. I cut 4.5" out of the middle of each of the two steering column sleeves. Welding the two pieces together and getting them straight was a challenge. That allowed me to slide the column 3" closer to the dash. That makes for a more comfortable driving position. The next step is to join the upper and lower steering shafts at the universal joint.
The telescoping steering shaft will make the truck safer in case of a collision involving the steering box. I cut the tip off the lower shaft so it will connect to the U-joint. The original steering shaft was also cut shorter and will be machined to fit the U-joint. This also allows me to slide the steering wheel closer to the dash for a more comfortable driving position.
My Hobbies are:
- Main BLOG Page
- The Purchase
T5 Info Page
- Thinking about installing a T5? READ THIS FIRST
- Making a Custom Shifter
- Complete T5 Driveline - Installation from Engine to Rear Axle
- S10 T5 Transmission Jeep Shaft Swap - DIY and skip the adapter plate.
- Camaro Drive Gear Relocation
- T5 Tail Stock with a Cable Speedo Connection
- World Class and Non-World Class versions of the T5 - How to tell them apart.
- A possible solution for cable speedometers.
- T5 Transmission Identification - What the Tags and Markings Mean
- What's the difference between a Camaro T5, an S10 T5, and an Astro T5?
- How to determine the T5 gearing
- T5 Transmission Rebuild
- T5 pre-purchase inspection and questions
- T5 Resource List
- T5 Case Inspection
- Bell housing differences
- T5 Drive Gear and Driven Gear Combinations
- A Camaro T5 with the S10 Conversion
Tips & Tricks Section
- DIY 3 Point Seat Belt Installation
- How to improve gauge cluster lighting.
- Jeep Cherokee Door Check Modification - Very Simple
- Steering column modification
- A simple way to remove old control arm bushings.
- An easy way to adjust brake shoes
- How to remove a pilot bushing from the crankshaft.
- Cutting spot welds
- E-brake clip removal made easy
- POR 15 with less mess.
- Engine Dolly - EZ to make
- Steering Wheel Restoration Page
- Other Projects