I have been cleaning and preparing the frame (only the part behind the cab). It is now preserved with a fresh coat of POR15.
Today I reassembled the passenger side control arm with new polyurethane bushings, new passenger shock, and remounted the rear spring. I'll do the driver's side next week.
Since my key ignition switch didn't work, I pulled it out of the dash. It's an aftermarket switch and the nice folks on the Stovebolt Forum helped me get it wired up right. Thanks! Later, I plan to put a factory ignition switch back in the truck.
The work has included removing the control arm, rear spring, shock mount and shock on the passenger side. POR15 was applied.
I also removed everything from the PS brake drum. Everything in there was in horrible shape. It's time for me to learn how to bebuild brakes! I will compare things to the other side so I get it right.
I bought a kit to rebuild my carb. I had it completely done except I accidently damaged a part. So I sent it off to be repaired. Once I get it back, I think this truck's 230ci engine is gonna RUN!!! It turns over just fine and I have spark. I've cleaned the fuel line and will adjust the timing next.
I have not posted anything in 5 months! Yikes! The main reason is because I had to make some boat repairs and other important projects kept me from posting. But even though I haven't posted anything, I have still been working on the truck!
See my BLOG entries from prior months below:
My Hobbies are: