Video of an engine I bought. 1963 230ci that appears to have been rebuilt.
The 1963 is looking better. Just upgraded the brakes to a dual master cylinder. I added a brake bias to the rear lines too.
The shop wiring is done. Just need to connect the power lines to the house meter. I tested the shop lights with temporary power.
The interior shop walls are done. The electrician will add power to the shop by mid February. Ceiling insulation will be added this summer. Watch the video for a quick tour of the shop.
Even though I don't have any power in my shop, I'm still pretty excited to have a new 9K pound 2 post lift in my shop. I hope to have the shop lighting and electrical outlets done by the end of January 2018.
I finally installed the grille surround on the 1965 stepside. Next comes the grille.
I took my 1963 to a truck picnic today. It doesn't want to drive well at highway speeds. I think the fuel pump isn't keeping the carb fuel bowl full. I'll need to investigate.
I couldn't help myself. I bought another set of slots!
See my BLOG entries from prior months below:
My Hobbies are:
- Main BLOG Page
- The Purchase
T5 Info Page
- Thinking about installing a T5? READ THIS FIRST
- Making a Custom Shifter
- Complete T5 Driveline - Installation from Engine to Rear Axle
- S10 T5 Transmission Jeep Shaft Swap - DIY and skip the adapter plate.
- Camaro Drive Gear Relocation
- T5 Tail Stock with a Cable Speedo Connection
- World Class and Non-World Class versions of the T5 - How to tell them apart.
- A possible solution for cable speedometers.
- T5 Transmission Identification - What the Tags and Markings Mean
- What's the difference between a Camaro T5, an S10 T5, and an Astro T5?
- How to determine the T5 gearing
- T5 Transmission Rebuild
- T5 pre-purchase inspection and questions
- T5 Resource List
- T5 Case Inspection
- Bell housing differences
- T5 Drive Gear and Driven Gear Combinations
- A Camaro T5 with the S10 Conversion
Tips & Tricks Section
- DIY 3 Point Seat Belt Installation
- Making the Steering Column Safer
- How to improve gauge cluster lighting.
- Stripping Paint - Polycarbide Abrassive Wheel
- Jeep Cherokee Door Check Modification - Very Simple
- Conversion to dual master cylinder brakes 1963-1966 C10.
- Steering column modification
- A simple way to remove old control arm bushings.
- An easy way to adjust brake shoes
- How to remove a pilot bushing from the crankshaft.
- Cutting spot welds
- E-brake clip removal made easy
- POR 15 with less mess.
- Engine Dolly - EZ to make
- Steering Wheel Restoration Page
- Other Projects
- Random Pics