I'm very happy with how these 2010 Honda Accord 2 door coupe door seals fit on my 1963 C10. I needed another 4" piece because the seal isn't quite long enough for a knee knocker cab (1960-63. It's the perfect length for the 1964-66 cabs and seals the door nicely.
Here's a DIY video showing how to do a Jeep input shaft swap in an S10 T5 transmission. Video shows a 1993 S10 T5 but the procedure is essentially the same for 1992 and earlier S10 T5 transmissions.
The video is 30 minutes because I show every tip and detail I know to help you succeed.
T5 Jeep input shaft with 21 gear teeth and 10 splines
New brass 4th gear synchro ring (with the small notches)
New input shaft bearing and race
New bearing retainer seal
A selection of shims for the bearing retainer
These Corvette rocker covers are correct for a 283 or 327ci engine from the 1960's.
Some one else cut a hole in the top of one rocker. So I decided to repair the hole. Today was the final step in the restoration. I polished the outside. The area between the fins and around the script is difficult to polish, so I cleaned and painted that area black. Then I scraped the paint off the very edge of the fins and top of the script. I like the results.
My 1963 C10 needs rust repair and I have not had time to do it. So I shipped it 600 miles and out of state to a great body shop that works on classic vehicles. I arranged shipment through Mercury Auto Transport. Everything was handled properly and I'm very happy with their service. 5 STARS!!!!
I bought this 1965 SBC 283 as a parts engine for parts I needed for my Jasper 283. Then the parts I needed became available from another source, so I decided to have this complete engine rebuilt as a hot rod medium performance engine. So it has a nice cam and upgraded parts.
Comp Cams 268H camshaft
New pistons are 0.060 over
Crank and rod bearings and a new oil pump
Double roller timing chain
The engine was really crusty when it was disassembled.
Fresh and clean from the machine shop.
The carb is adjusted and the timing is set. Runs pretty well. Time to do another one.
I rebuilt another Rochester 2Jet which will go on the next SBC 283ci.
See my BLOG entries from prior months below:
My Hobbies are:
- Main BLOG Page
- Steering Column Page
T5 Info Page
- Thinking about installing a T5? READ THIS FIRST
- My T5 videos
- Making a Custom Shifter
- Complete T5 Driveline - Installation from Engine to Rear Axle
- S10 T5 Transmission Jeep Shaft Swap - DIY and skip the adapter plate.
- Camaro Drive Gear Relocation
- T5 Tail Stock with a Cable Speedo Connection
- World Class and Non-World Class versions of the T5 - How to tell them apart.
- How to determine the T5 gearing
- A possible solution for cable speedometers.
- T5 Transmission Identification - What the Tags and Markings Mean
- What's the difference between a Camaro T5, an S10 T5, and an Astro T5?
- T5 Transmission Tear Down
- T5 S10 Transmission Rebuild
- T5 Transmission Rebuild
- T5 pre-purchase inspection and questions
- T5 Resource List
- T5 Case Inspection
- Bell housing differences
- T5 Drive Gear and Driven Gear Combinations
- A Camaro T5 with the S10 Conversion
Tips & Tricks Section
- Oil Pump Priming Tool
- Piston Stop Tool
- Broken Bolt Extraction
- DIY 3 Point Seat Belt Installation
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Removal
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Disassembly
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Rebuild
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Installation
- Easy Clutch Pedal Adjustment
- Making the Steering Column Safer
- How to improve gauge cluster lighting.
- Stripping Paint - Polycarbide Abrassive Wheel
- Jeep Cherokee Door Check Modification - Very Simple
- Keeping the hood aligned
- DIY All Cable Ebrake System for 1963-1972 C10
- Alignment Tools - Easier than you think
- Conversion to dual master cylinder brakes 1963-1966 C10.
- Steering column modification
- A simple way to remove old control arm bushings.
- An easy way to adjust brake shoes
- How to remove a pilot bushing from the crankshaft.
- Cutting spot welds
- E-brake clip removal made easy
- Harmonic Balancer Installation - Tapping threads in the crank
- POR 15 with less mess.
- Engine Run Stand
- Engine Dolly - EZ to make
- Steering Wheel Restoration Page
- Sway Bar Info
- Power Brake Booster Page
- 1963 Body repairs
- Hot Rod 283 SBC Build
- Grand Cathedral Game
- 1968 C10 Short Fleet
- Rockwell Drill Press
- 283ci SBC Engine
- Safety Stand for Lift
- Coat Hook
- Engine Run Stand
- 1963 Short Fleet Project
- Metal sculpture figures
- Shop Project
- Shop Sign
- Lean-to Shop Addition
- Air Compressor Project
- 2 Post Automotive Lift
- 1963 Chevy Custom C10 SBFS BBW
- Metal Top Outdoor Work Table
- Special Bolts Plaque
- Vise Stand
- Grinder Stand
- 2021 Stovebolt Jamboree Pictures
- 1963 Custom Comfort Seat
- Flywheel differences
- Carb spacer
- Bimini 2019
- T5 shifter ideas
- Engine Torque and HP
- LUGNUTZ DIY Shop
- Alaska 2018
- 2019 ODSS Homecoming
- Chevy 3 speed transmission ID
- 2018 Stovebolt Homecoming Pics
- Pallet Rack Shelving
- shop plywood walls
- Welding Stuff