My T5 has been stored in a cardboard box on my garage floor for months. It weighs 75lbs and I got tired of pushing it around so I bought a Harbor Freight mover's dolly. A couple of 2X4s keep it level. Now I grumble less when I have to move it around. I should have done this months ago.
Well, I finally got around to photo documenting how to do a Jeep input shaft swap in an S10 T5. The procedure is virtually identical for all 1983 through 1993 S10 T5 transmissions. Just make sure you buy the correct 10 spline Jeep shaft for the swap. Click the photo below to link straight to the T5 Info Page.
My 37 amp alternator is being replaced by a new 105 amp one wire alternator. However, the new alternator pulley doesn't line up with the crank pulley properly. I decided that swapping the pulley from my old alternator would be easier than fabricating a new bracket or making a shim. Pretty easy swap.
My oil pan gasket has leaked from day one. Not enough RTV sealant. The rear main seal looked dry, so I don't think it's leaking. The oil pan gasket was wet all along the edges and had a slow drip. Replacing the pan gasket with the engine on the frame was not fun. I had to disconnect the front motor mounts and then lift the front of the engine in order to get the pan to clear the front crossmember.
I did it all by myself and it took several hours as I struggled to figure out what was needed to get it done right. Since then I've had the engine running and my leak is gone. Hooray!
See my BLOG entries from prior months below:
My Hobbies are:
- Main BLOG Page
- Steering Column Page
T5 Info Page
- Thinking about installing a T5? READ THIS FIRST
- My T5 videos
- Making a Custom Shifter
- Complete T5 Driveline - Installation from Engine to Rear Axle
- S10 T5 Transmission Jeep Shaft Swap - DIY and skip the adapter plate.
- Camaro Drive Gear Relocation
- T5 Tail Stock with a Cable Speedo Connection
- World Class and Non-World Class versions of the T5 - How to tell them apart.
- How to determine the T5 gearing
- A possible solution for cable speedometers.
- T5 Transmission Identification - What the Tags and Markings Mean
- What's the difference between a Camaro T5, an S10 T5, and an Astro T5?
- T5 Transmission Rebuild
- T5 pre-purchase inspection and questions
- T5 Resource List
- T5 Case Inspection
- Bell housing differences
- T5 Drive Gear and Driven Gear Combinations
- A Camaro T5 with the S10 Conversion
Tips & Tricks Section
- Broken Bolt Extraction
- DIY 3 Point Seat Belt Installation
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Removal
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Disassembly
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Rebuild
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Installation
- Easy Clutch Pedal Adjustment
- Making the Steering Column Safer
- How to improve gauge cluster lighting.
- Stripping Paint - Polycarbide Abrassive Wheel
- Jeep Cherokee Door Check Modification - Very Simple
- Keeping the hood aligned
- DIY All Cable Ebrake System for 1963-1972 C10
- Alignment Tools - Easier than you think
- Conversion to dual master cylinder brakes 1963-1966 C10.
- Steering column modification
- A simple way to remove old control arm bushings.
- An easy way to adjust brake shoes
- How to remove a pilot bushing from the crankshaft.
- Cutting spot welds
- E-brake clip removal made easy
- Harmonic Balancer Installation - Tapping threads in the crank
- POR 15 with less mess.
- Engine Dolly - EZ to make
- Steering Wheel Restoration Page
- Power Brake Booster Page
- Other Projects
- Random Pics