My 1995 Chevy Blazer brake booster interferes with the factory air cleaner. Tonight I installed my rebuilt progressive 2 barrel Weber 32/36 carb. It uses a special adaptor plate. Now the brake booster fits without interference.
Since I have an inline six cylinder, my air cleaner is not in the center of the truck. When I did a test fit of the brake booster, I found that it bumps into the air cleaner. Once I install the brake booster, I will have to use a smaller air cleaner. I'm not too happy about that. Once I swap to a weber carb, there should be no interference.
The work done last night felt very good since I've really made no significant progress in the last 5 weeks. I borrowed a nice tool from the local auto parts store so I could disconnect the outer tie rod stud without damage. The disc brake kit by CPP seems to fit well and all the necessary parts are included. My vintage 15" slotted wheels seem to work with these disc brakes. I was worried they would rub.
See my BLOG entries from prior months below:
My Hobbies are:
- Main BLOG Page
- The Purchase
T5 Info Page
- Thinking about installing a T5? READ THIS FIRST
- Making a Custom Shifter
- Complete T5 Driveline - Installation from Engine to Rear Axle
- S10 T5 Transmission Jeep Shaft Swap - DIY and skip the adapter plate.
- Camaro Drive Gear Relocation
- T5 Tail Stock with a Cable Speedo Connection
- World Class and Non-World Class versions of the T5 - How to tell them apart.
- A possible solution for cable speedometers.
- T5 Transmission Identification - What the Tags and Markings Mean
- What's the difference between a Camaro T5, an S10 T5, and an Astro T5?
- How to determine the T5 gearing
- T5 Transmission Rebuild
- T5 pre-purchase inspection and questions
- T5 Resource List
- T5 Case Inspection
- Bell housing differences
- T5 Drive Gear and Driven Gear Combinations
- A Camaro T5 with the S10 Conversion
Tips & Tricks Section
- DIY 3 Point Seat Belt Installation
- Making the Steering Column Safer
- How to improve gauge cluster lighting.
- Stripping Paint - Polycarbide Abrassive Wheel
- Jeep Cherokee Door Check Modification - Very Simple
- Conversion to dual master cylinder brakes 1963-1966 C10.
- Steering column modification
- A simple way to remove old control arm bushings.
- An easy way to adjust brake shoes
- How to remove a pilot bushing from the crankshaft.
- Cutting spot welds
- E-brake clip removal made easy
- POR 15 with less mess.
- Engine Dolly - EZ to make
- Steering Wheel Restoration Page
- Other Projects
- Random Pics