This bed liner kit was extremely easy to use. Add hardener to the bottle. Shake to mix. Remove cap and insert spray gun. Spray bed liner. I used 2 of the 4 bottles. There's enough left over to spray the underside of the inner fenders if I want. Dries in about 1 hour. Looks great and is very tough. Once the bottles were empty, I cut them open and used a brush to apply the remaining product in the corners that were hard to get coverage with the spray gun.
I have 2 flywheels to choose from. My 1965 C10 flywheel uses a 10" clutch disc. My 1992 Camaro flywheel uses an 11" clutch disc. Since I need to use a 26 spline clutch disc, it makes sense to use the Camaro clutch kit package. An 11" Camaro clutch disc is easy to find, but a 10" disc with 26 splines is not common at all. Tomorrow I'll have my Camaro flywheel resurfaced and then order the clutch kit from Brake and Clutch Supply in Waco, Texas!
After I set the cab on the frame, I will mount a T5 transmission to the bell. Then I will mark the floor and cut a hole for the shifter. I had some extra T5 parts, so I assembled a case, top cover and tail housing to make an "empty T5". There's nothing inside, so It weighs about 10 pounds and will be very easy to handle by myself under the truck. I enlarged the mounting holes with a 1/2" drill bit.
The cab is laying on its back waiting for the bed liner to arrive in the mail so I can spray it on the bottom of the cab. So today I pulled the frame out into the yard to work on the drive train. After supporting the engine on jack stands, I removed the bell housing, flywheel and then the pilot bushing.
See my BLOG entries from prior months below:
My Hobbies are:
- Main BLOG Page
- The Purchase
T5 Info Page
- Thinking about installing a T5? READ THIS FIRST
- Making a Custom Shifter
- Complete T5 Driveline - Installation from Engine to Rear Axle
- S10 T5 Transmission Jeep Shaft Swap - DIY and skip the adapter plate.
- Camaro Drive Gear Relocation
- T5 Tail Stock with a Cable Speedo Connection
- World Class and Non-World Class versions of the T5 - How to tell them apart.
- A possible solution for cable speedometers.
- T5 Transmission Identification - What the Tags and Markings Mean
- What's the difference between a Camaro T5, an S10 T5, and an Astro T5?
- How to determine the T5 gearing
- T5 Transmission Rebuild
- T5 pre-purchase inspection and questions
- T5 Resource List
- T5 Case Inspection
- Bell housing differences
- T5 Drive Gear and Driven Gear Combinations
- A Camaro T5 with the S10 Conversion
Tips & Tricks Section
- DIY 3 Point Seat Belt Installation
- Making the Steering Column Safer
- How to improve gauge cluster lighting.
- Stripping Paint - Polycarbide Abrassive Wheel
- Jeep Cherokee Door Check Modification - Very Simple
- Steering column modification
- A simple way to remove old control arm bushings.
- An easy way to adjust brake shoes
- How to remove a pilot bushing from the crankshaft.
- Cutting spot welds
- E-brake clip removal made easy
- POR 15 with less mess.
- Engine Dolly - EZ to make
- Steering Wheel Restoration Page
- Other Projects
- Random Pics