Power steering will be a nice upgrade. My 1974 PS box has a safer style shaft that can telescope on impact. A special universal joint will be used to connect it to the modified original shaft.
SOLD! . . . but I have more!
Let me build one for you!
I have up for sale a very nice Custom Built T5.
This is NOT an ordinary V8 Camaro T5. This was built using very hard to find original Borg Warner parts from 2 different transmissions, a V8 Camaro T5 and an S10 T5. This is a non-world class T5. It is rated for 250 HP and 300ft-lb of torque. It has terrific gearing for a daily driver classic Chevy car or truck.
The Tag ID# is 13-52-070.
This T5 was completely rebuilt by me using V8 Camaro T5 gears together with an S10 main shaft and tail housing. The result is a nice close ratio overdrive transmission that works well in a classic Chevy car or truck with a bench seat and a cable driven speedometer. This is the ideal hybrid combination for a classic Chevy hot rod.
The gears are as follows:
1st = 2.95
2nd = 1.94
3rd = 1.34
4th = 1.00
5th = 0.73
Rev = 2.76
The 0.73 overdrive gear works very well with a 3.73 or lower gear rear axle. I have this same T5 in my C10 truck and the 3.73 rear is a perfect match.
Inspected, cleaned and rebuilt using new bearings, synchros and seals.
This transmission will be ready to bolt onto your bell. It will come with a different shifter handle than shown in the photos.
The factory air cleaner is too big to use with my 1995 Blazer brake booster. The easiest solution is to use a new air cleaner. Now I have plenty of room if I use a #2952 Spectre carb adapter and #4770 Spectre 9" air cleaner. I'll keep using the 1 barrel Rochester B carb since the truck runs so well.
See my BLOG entries from prior months below:
My Hobbies are:
- Main BLOG Page
- Steering Column Page
T5 Info Page
- Thinking about installing a T5? READ THIS FIRST
- My T5 videos
- Making a Custom Shifter
- Complete T5 Driveline - Installation from Engine to Rear Axle
- S10 T5 Transmission Jeep Shaft Swap - DIY and skip the adapter plate.
- Camaro Drive Gear Relocation
- T5 Tail Stock with a Cable Speedo Connection
- World Class and Non-World Class versions of the T5 - How to tell them apart.
- How to determine the T5 gearing
- A possible solution for cable speedometers.
- T5 Transmission Identification - What the Tags and Markings Mean
- What's the difference between a Camaro T5, an S10 T5, and an Astro T5?
- T5 Transmission Tear Down
- T5 Transmission Rebuild
- T5 pre-purchase inspection and questions
- T5 Resource List
- T5 Case Inspection
- Bell housing differences
- T5 Drive Gear and Driven Gear Combinations
- A Camaro T5 with the S10 Conversion
Tips & Tricks Section
- Broken Bolt Extraction
- DIY 3 Point Seat Belt Installation
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Removal
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Disassembly
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Rebuild
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Installation
- Easy Clutch Pedal Adjustment
- Making the Steering Column Safer
- How to improve gauge cluster lighting.
- Stripping Paint - Polycarbide Abrassive Wheel
- Jeep Cherokee Door Check Modification - Very Simple
- Keeping the hood aligned
- DIY All Cable Ebrake System for 1963-1972 C10
- Alignment Tools - Easier than you think
- Conversion to dual master cylinder brakes 1963-1966 C10.
- Steering column modification
- A simple way to remove old control arm bushings.
- An easy way to adjust brake shoes
- How to remove a pilot bushing from the crankshaft.
- Cutting spot welds
- E-brake clip removal made easy
- Harmonic Balancer Installation - Tapping threads in the crank
- POR 15 with less mess.
- Engine Dolly - EZ to make
- Steering Wheel Restoration Page
- Power Brake Booster Page
- Other Projects
- Random Pics