I found a great seat from a 1966 C10 at the salvage yard. The 1967 C30 bench seat that I bought a year ago was a great find, but it did not fold forward. This 1966 seat is in better condition too.
I have reassembled the restored parts for the driver's side. Next I will plumb new brake lines and install the new brake hoses. I hope to drive it within a week or so. Also, please see the photos of the enclosed trailer I bought.
I bought a used trailer because I needed more storage space. It gives me a way to store some nice salvage parts in a place that's out of the weather instead of under tarps. I'm sure the neighbors are glad the see the tarps disappear too!
It is not hard to fill up the trailer with the tools and parts I have collected over the last 13 months.
Rainy weather has kept me from working. I have most of the Driver's side suspension ready to install.
The new sandblast pressure pot works very well. It only took about 10 minutes to blast this backing plate.
I also got some nice pieces from the salvage yard today.
The door is in very nice shape. The bottom is rusted The fender will need repairs but is very straight. I can use portions of my original fender to make a good fender out of the two. Yes, that is an oil bath air filter that I found on another old truck. I will pobably sell it.
I also bought some original brackets that go under the DS front seat. They hold the jack. I just need to find an original jack.
See my BLOG entries from prior months below:
My Hobbies are:
- Main BLOG Page
- Steering Column Page
T5 Info Page
- Thinking about installing a T5? READ THIS FIRST
- My T5 videos
- Making a Custom Shifter
- Complete T5 Driveline - Installation from Engine to Rear Axle
- S10 T5 Transmission Jeep Shaft Swap - DIY and skip the adapter plate.
- Camaro Drive Gear Relocation
- T5 Tail Stock with a Cable Speedo Connection
- World Class and Non-World Class versions of the T5 - How to tell them apart.
- How to determine the T5 gearing
- A possible solution for cable speedometers.
- T5 Transmission Identification - What the Tags and Markings Mean
- What's the difference between a Camaro T5, an S10 T5, and an Astro T5?
- T5 Transmission Tear Down
- T5 Transmission Rebuild
- T5 pre-purchase inspection and questions
- T5 Resource List
- T5 Case Inspection
- Bell housing differences
- T5 Drive Gear and Driven Gear Combinations
- A Camaro T5 with the S10 Conversion
Tips & Tricks Section
- Broken Bolt Extraction
- DIY 3 Point Seat Belt Installation
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Removal
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Disassembly
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Rebuild
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Installation
- Easy Clutch Pedal Adjustment
- Making the Steering Column Safer
- How to improve gauge cluster lighting.
- Stripping Paint - Polycarbide Abrassive Wheel
- Jeep Cherokee Door Check Modification - Very Simple
- Keeping the hood aligned
- DIY All Cable Ebrake System for 1963-1972 C10
- Alignment Tools - Easier than you think
- Conversion to dual master cylinder brakes 1963-1966 C10.
- Steering column modification
- A simple way to remove old control arm bushings.
- An easy way to adjust brake shoes
- How to remove a pilot bushing from the crankshaft.
- Cutting spot welds
- E-brake clip removal made easy
- Harmonic Balancer Installation - Tapping threads in the crank
- POR 15 with less mess.
- Engine Dolly - EZ to make
- Steering Wheel Restoration Page
- Power Brake Booster Page
- Other Projects
- Random Pics