My 250ci burns oil. I can deal with that for a while I guess. Then I started noticing the oil pressure light would flicker while idling at the traffic light. Hmmmmm!?! So I installed an actual pressure gauge to see what kind of pressure I had while driving. The numbers are really bad. So bad that I really can't depend on it lasting very long. The pressure at idle is 10 and while driving pressure is 20.
My 250ci was donated from a parts truck I bought. The mileage is unknown but it did run pretty good when I tested it 2 years ago. I've run about 30 gallons of gas through it and it's been using a lot of oil. Tonight I checked the compression and the numbers are the same as they were 2 years ago. I hope to reduce the oil consumption by adding some cleaning agents to the oil pan and then switch to a heavier weight oil. Cylinder #3 seems to be the problem.
Cylinder #1 - 125
Cylinder #2 - 125
Cylinder #3 - 110
Cylinder #4 - 125-130
Cylinder #5 - 125
Cylinder #6 - 120
My original rear view mirror was too small so today I installed a nicer mirror that I pulled off of my 1966 parts truck. A friend stopped by with an extension he made for my PS door mirror arm. The PS window division bar was blocking a portion of the mirror. The extension moved the mirror into a better position. I also installed the rear fender support rods.
Today I bought a 3rd generation Camaro rear anti-sway bar. The guy was parting out a few Camaros and pulled the parts for me. The bushings are new, so that was a real plus. This will become the rear anti-sway bar on my C10. I found instructions for the installation on the web HERE.
See my BLOG entries from prior months below:
My Hobbies are:
- Main BLOG Page
- The Purchase
T5 Info Page
- Thinking about installing a T5? READ THIS FIRST
- My T5 videos
- Making a Custom Shifter
- Complete T5 Driveline - Installation from Engine to Rear Axle
- S10 T5 Transmission Jeep Shaft Swap - DIY and skip the adapter plate.
- Camaro Drive Gear Relocation
- T5 Tail Stock with a Cable Speedo Connection
- World Class and Non-World Class versions of the T5 - How to tell them apart.
- A possible solution for cable speedometers.
- T5 Transmission Identification - What the Tags and Markings Mean
- What's the difference between a Camaro T5, an S10 T5, and an Astro T5?
- How to determine the T5 gearing
- T5 Transmission Rebuild
- T5 pre-purchase inspection and questions
- T5 Resource List
- T5 Case Inspection
- Bell housing differences
- T5 Drive Gear and Driven Gear Combinations
- A Camaro T5 with the S10 Conversion
Tips & Tricks Section
- DIY 3 Point Seat Belt Installation
- Easy Clutch Pedal Adjustment
- Making the Steering Column Safer
- How to improve gauge cluster lighting.
- Stripping Paint - Polycarbide Abrassive Wheel
- Jeep Cherokee Door Check Modification - Very Simple
- Keeping the hood aligned
- Conversion to dual master cylinder brakes 1963-1966 C10.
- Steering column modification
- A simple way to remove old control arm bushings.
- An easy way to adjust brake shoes
- How to remove a pilot bushing from the crankshaft.
- Cutting spot welds
- E-brake clip removal made easy
- POR 15 with less mess.
- Engine Dolly - EZ to make
- Harminic Balancer Installation - Tapping threads in the crank
- Steering Wheel Restoration Page
- Other Projects
- Random Pics
- New Page