The grille was installed today. As I unpacked my headlight bezels I realized that I had only sandblasted one. Since the other was still painted black, I mounted it for a pic so I could say "my truck had a black eye". Then I stripped the paint from the black bezel and both tail light brackets.
The new turn signal lenses look pretty nice in my GMC hood. The wiring for everything under the hood is done. That includes the horn, turn signals, headlights, alternator, HEI distributor, starter, tachometer, temperature and oil pressure sensors. All the wiring will eventually be wrapped for protection.
A great crimper makes terminal connections a breeze. The one I have is phenomenal! I also bought a wire stripper that surpasses all others. Very precise! Armed with these 2 tools, I got a lot of work done tonight. I removed the fuse box that I had installed last night. It was only 2 nuts and 2 washers. Laying everything out on the floor, I matched up the quick disconnect junction blocks for my instrument cluster so I could mark them. Getting things organized in my mind helped me have the confidence needed to start cutting wires to length and crimping the terminals onto the wires.
I removed the doors yesterday so the wiring will take less effort. American Autowire makes a complete wiring kit for the 1960-66 trucks and the reviews are 5 star. Today I installed the fuse box and routed the wires up inside the dash. Next comes the instrument cluster that I restored about 3 years ago.
See my BLOG entries from prior months below:
My Hobbies are:
- Main BLOG Page
- The Purchase
T5 Info Page
- Thinking about installing a T5? READ THIS FIRST
- Making a Custom Shifter
- Complete T5 Driveline - Installation from Engine to Rear Axle
- S10 T5 Transmission Jeep Shaft Swap - DIY and skip the adapter plate.
- Camaro Drive Gear Relocation
- T5 Tail Stock with a Cable Speedo Connection
- World Class and Non-World Class versions of the T5 - How to tell them apart.
- A possible solution for cable speedometers.
- T5 Transmission Identification - What the Tags and Markings Mean
- What's the difference between a Camaro T5, an S10 T5, and an Astro T5?
- How to determine the T5 gearing
- T5 Transmission Rebuild
- T5 pre-purchase inspection and questions
- T5 Resource List
- T5 Case Inspection
- Bell housing differences
- T5 Drive Gear and Driven Gear Combinations
- A Camaro T5 with the S10 Conversion
Tips & Tricks Section
- DIY 3 Point Seat Belt Installation
- Making the Steering Column Safer
- How to improve gauge cluster lighting.
- Stripping Paint - Polycarbide Abrassive Wheel
- Jeep Cherokee Door Check Modification - Very Simple
- Steering column modification
- A simple way to remove old control arm bushings.
- An easy way to adjust brake shoes
- How to remove a pilot bushing from the crankshaft.
- Cutting spot welds
- E-brake clip removal made easy
- POR 15 with less mess.
- Engine Dolly - EZ to make
- Steering Wheel Restoration Page
- Other Projects
- Random Pics