I stripped the black paint off of the 1963 doors and to my amazement the original "fawn" paint still looked pretty good. I did repaint the white. Looks much better now.
My son's 1968 runs and moves. The cab drip rail sealant was cracked and wasn't protecting the seam from rain and rust. I chipped out the old sealant and resealed it. I did the same thing to my 1963 cab drip rail.
Instead of wax, I applied a coating of thinned boiled linseed oil to the body panels of my 1963. It provides a nice sheen to the surface and repels water too.
My son's 1968 C10 is in remarkable shape. Here's a walk around video.
The 1963 bench seat was reupholstered. Looks great now.
I made a really tall shift handle for the T5. I've since changed the 7 ball to an 8 ball.
Even though my S10 T5 has a low first gear, I like the way it drives and shifts.
The 1963 doors looked terrible. I used Aircraft Remover to remove the paint down to the original paint. Looks much better now.
My original Harrison radiator had pin holes in the tank and was leaking. This new aluminum radiator was a perfect fit.
This instrument cluster came from a 1966 C80 dump truck. It has the rare factory V8 tachometer plus an air pressure gauge.
The PS pump in my 1965 C10 was leaking. There was also a constant whine. It was terrible. However, the whine didn't change after I installed a new PS pump. I applied a little soap to the edges of the belt. No change. Someone suggested that the PS gear box may have a blockage creating extra high pressure in the circuit. Watch the video below.
I removed my 1965 Rochester B carb and swapped it for another one. My 1965 carb was rebuilt 6 years ago, but started leaking. I'll send it back for throttle shaft bushings, or perhaps it just needs a new lower body gasket.
It took about 10 minutes to get the engine warmed and this spare carb dialed in. Idle is smooth at 500 RPMs and she starts right up.
The 65 C10 is getting new front ball joints. The old ones were not worn out, but the rubber boots were rotten.
Rear axle cover seal was changed because of a slow leak. The lift made the job pretty simple.
Triple gauges are wired up and working. I just need to tidy up the wiring.
After sealing up a coolant leak, I adjusted the PS and alternator pulleys for better belt alignment. Watch this video.
See my BLOG entries from prior months below:
My Hobbies are:
- Main BLOG Page
- Steering Column Page
T5 Info Page
- Thinking about installing a T5? READ THIS FIRST
- My T5 videos
- Making a Custom Shifter
- Complete T5 Driveline - Installation from Engine to Rear Axle
- S10 T5 Transmission Jeep Shaft Swap - DIY and skip the adapter plate.
- Camaro Drive Gear Relocation
- T5 Tail Stock with a Cable Speedo Connection
- World Class and Non-World Class versions of the T5 - How to tell them apart.
- How to determine the T5 gearing
- A possible solution for cable speedometers.
- T5 Transmission Identification - What the Tags and Markings Mean
- What's the difference between a Camaro T5, an S10 T5, and an Astro T5?
- T5 Transmission Tear Down
- T5 S10 Transmission Rebuild
- T5 Transmission Rebuild
- T5 pre-purchase inspection and questions
- T5 Resource List
- T5 Case Inspection
- Bell housing differences
- T5 Drive Gear and Driven Gear Combinations
- A Camaro T5 with the S10 Conversion
Tips & Tricks Section
- Broken Bolt Extraction
- DIY 3 Point Seat Belt Installation
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Removal
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Disassembly
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Rebuild
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Installation
- Easy Clutch Pedal Adjustment
- Making the Steering Column Safer
- How to improve gauge cluster lighting.
- Stripping Paint - Polycarbide Abrassive Wheel
- Jeep Cherokee Door Check Modification - Very Simple
- Keeping the hood aligned
- DIY All Cable Ebrake System for 1963-1972 C10
- Alignment Tools - Easier than you think
- Conversion to dual master cylinder brakes 1963-1966 C10.
- Steering column modification
- A simple way to remove old control arm bushings.
- An easy way to adjust brake shoes
- How to remove a pilot bushing from the crankshaft.
- Cutting spot welds
- E-brake clip removal made easy
- Harmonic Balancer Installation - Tapping threads in the crank
- POR 15 with less mess.
- Engine Dolly - EZ to make
- Steering Wheel Restoration Page
- Power Brake Booster Page
- Other Projects
- Random Pics