A recent wedding in the family didn't allow me to have much truck time. I did buy a practically new carpet that came from a 1973-87 Chevy truck. Today I made a dolly for the 250ci engine I bought recently. I placed a Harbor Freight mover's dolly under the cradle so I can roll it around the garage.
I'm keeping the 250ci engine in my truck for now even though it needs a rebuild. That way I can move the truck around and go for short drives. My truck's original 230ci engine has been sitting under a tarp for the last 2 years. I discovered I can rebuild the 230ci with a crankshaft from a 250 engine. So I have started to tear down the 230ci to see if it's in good enough shape to rebuild. This is the first time I've ever torn down an engine and it's been a fun experience so far. If the 230 is worthy of rebuilding as a 250ci, I'll post my progress on a separate BLOG page. You can see from the photos that this engine was never properly maintained.
See my BLOG entries from prior months below:
My Hobbies are:
- Main BLOG Page
- Steering Column Page
T5 Info Page
- Thinking about installing a T5? READ THIS FIRST
- My T5 videos
- Making a Custom Shifter
- Complete T5 Driveline - Installation from Engine to Rear Axle
- S10 T5 Transmission Jeep Shaft Swap - DIY and skip the adapter plate.
- Camaro Drive Gear Relocation
- T5 Tail Stock with a Cable Speedo Connection
- World Class and Non-World Class versions of the T5 - How to tell them apart.
- How to determine the T5 gearing
- A possible solution for cable speedometers.
- T5 Transmission Identification - What the Tags and Markings Mean
- What's the difference between a Camaro T5, an S10 T5, and an Astro T5?
- T5 Transmission Tear Down
- T5 S10 Transmission Rebuild
- T5 Transmission Rebuild
- T5 pre-purchase inspection and questions
- T5 Resource List
- T5 Case Inspection
- Bell housing differences
- T5 Drive Gear and Driven Gear Combinations
- A Camaro T5 with the S10 Conversion
Tips & Tricks Section
- Broken Bolt Extraction
- DIY 3 Point Seat Belt Installation
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Removal
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Disassembly
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Rebuild
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Installation
- Easy Clutch Pedal Adjustment
- Making the Steering Column Safer
- How to improve gauge cluster lighting.
- Stripping Paint - Polycarbide Abrassive Wheel
- Jeep Cherokee Door Check Modification - Very Simple
- Keeping the hood aligned
- DIY All Cable Ebrake System for 1963-1972 C10
- Alignment Tools - Easier than you think
- Conversion to dual master cylinder brakes 1963-1966 C10.
- Steering column modification
- A simple way to remove old control arm bushings.
- An easy way to adjust brake shoes
- How to remove a pilot bushing from the crankshaft.
- Cutting spot welds
- E-brake clip removal made easy
- Harmonic Balancer Installation - Tapping threads in the crank
- POR 15 with less mess.
- Engine Dolly - EZ to make
- Steering Wheel Restoration Page
- Power Brake Booster Page
- Other Projects
- Random Pics