The 1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee front door checks work nicely in 1960-66 C10 doors. It has 2 detents which is a nice feature. The Jeep checks do not allow the door to open as much as the OEM door checks but it's not enough of a difference to really matter. If you have a set of Cherokee door checks with the rubber stop, then this simple modification will allow the door to open a little wider. Why not? It's super easy.
The remaining work to rebuild my PS vent window went smoothly once my parts arrived. Some 3M strip caulk was used to fill any gaps left where the glass setting tape wasn't wide enough. I'll document the steps when I rebuild my DS vent. I'm glad I bought the OEM style window channel insert. The fit is excellent. The main glass installation went smoothly too. Both of my original window regulators are in excellent shape. The doors are hung but latch adjustments need to be made.
I went to the Charlotte Auto Fair last Saturday and bought some parts. PS door skin, vent window seal kit and other stuff. Here are pics of my PS vent rebuild. So far, it's going pretty smooth but I'm awaiting the arrival of another order that has some parts I need.
A test fit before I install the glass.
See my BLOG entries from prior months below:
My Hobbies are:
- Main BLOG Page
- The Purchase
T5 Info Page
- Thinking about installing a T5? READ THIS FIRST
- Making a Custom Shifter
- Complete T5 Driveline - Installation from Engine to Rear Axle
- S10 T5 Transmission Jeep Shaft Swap - DIY and skip the adapter plate.
- Camaro Drive Gear Relocation
- T5 Tail Stock with a Cable Speedo Connection
- World Class and Non-World Class versions of the T5 - How to tell them apart.
- A possible solution for cable speedometers.
- T5 Transmission Identification - What the Tags and Markings Mean
- What's the difference between a Camaro T5, an S10 T5, and an Astro T5?
- How to determine the T5 gearing
- T5 Transmission Rebuild
- T5 pre-purchase inspection and questions
- T5 Resource List
- T5 Case Inspection
- Bell housing differences
- T5 Drive Gear and Driven Gear Combinations
- A Camaro T5 with the S10 Conversion
Tips & Tricks Section
- DIY 3 Point Seat Belt Installation
- Making the Steering Column Safer
- How to improve gauge cluster lighting.
- Stripping Paint - Polycarbide Abrassive Wheel
- Jeep Cherokee Door Check Modification - Very Simple
- Conversion to dual master cylinder brakes 1963-1966 C10.
- Steering column modification
- A simple way to remove old control arm bushings.
- An easy way to adjust brake shoes
- How to remove a pilot bushing from the crankshaft.
- Cutting spot welds
- E-brake clip removal made easy
- POR 15 with less mess.
- Engine Dolly - EZ to make
- Steering Wheel Restoration Page
- Other Projects
- Random Pics