The day warmed up enough that I decided to paint the rocker cover. It will need a final coat but so far it turned out better than some of the other pieces.
Click HERE to view the new post. It shows how to move the drive gear on the shaft.
They changed the shape of the 230ci oil pan between 1964 and 1965 and stayed with the newer shape through the 1970's. To use the 1965 oil pan I'd need to replace the oil pickup tube with the longer version. That's money I'd rather save for something that I'll enjoy. I must say it looks good now that it's been stripped of all the paint.
This week I finished building a very special V8 Camaro WC T5 with an S10 tail stock and cable speedo connection. This will be installed in a very nice 1955 Chevy and make highway cruising very nice. I also took my 230ci off the run stand and placed it on the engine stand so I can change some gaskets and then give it some fresh paint. The run stand packs up into a very compact unit that takes up minimal space on my shop floor.
A long vacation and bad weather have slowed progress. However I was able to get something small done this week. The 1964 230ci oil pan has a different shape than the 1965 oil pan. Call me weird, but I like the 1965 pan shape better. So this week I cleaned my 1965 pan to make it ready for installation when I put new gaskets on the engine.
See my BLOG entries from prior months below:
My Hobbies are:
- Main BLOG Page
- The Purchase
T5 Info Page
- Thinking about installing a T5? READ THIS FIRST
- My T5 videos
- Making a Custom Shifter
- Complete T5 Driveline - Installation from Engine to Rear Axle
- S10 T5 Transmission Jeep Shaft Swap - DIY and skip the adapter plate.
- Camaro Drive Gear Relocation
- T5 Tail Stock with a Cable Speedo Connection
- World Class and Non-World Class versions of the T5 - How to tell them apart.
- A possible solution for cable speedometers.
- T5 Transmission Identification - What the Tags and Markings Mean
- What's the difference between a Camaro T5, an S10 T5, and an Astro T5?
- How to determine the T5 gearing
- T5 Transmission Rebuild
- T5 pre-purchase inspection and questions
- T5 Resource List
- T5 Case Inspection
- Bell housing differences
- T5 Drive Gear and Driven Gear Combinations
- A Camaro T5 with the S10 Conversion
Tips & Tricks Section
- DIY 3 Point Seat Belt Installation
- Easy Clutch Pedal Adjustment
- Making the Steering Column Safer
- How to improve gauge cluster lighting.
- Stripping Paint - Polycarbide Abrassive Wheel
- Jeep Cherokee Door Check Modification - Very Simple
- Keeping the hood aligned
- Conversion to dual master cylinder brakes 1963-1966 C10.
- Steering column modification
- A simple way to remove old control arm bushings.
- An easy way to adjust brake shoes
- How to remove a pilot bushing from the crankshaft.
- Cutting spot welds
- E-brake clip removal made easy
- POR 15 with less mess.
- Engine Dolly - EZ to make
- Harminic Balancer Installation - Tapping threads in the crank
- Steering Wheel Restoration Page
- Other Projects
- Random Pics
- New Page