Core Shifters offers a great selection of shifter parts. They offer bases, sticks, knobs and many hard to find shifter items. Click HERE to visit their home page. Click on any of the photos below to view that item. They have many more to chose from.
We've had rain every day for over a week. Can't get much done to the truck with everything so wet. Today I decided to clean the sludge and grease out of my original 1965 230ci oil pan. I don't like sloshing expensive solvent around to clean greasy parts. It's messy and expensive. I'm not sure where I got the idea to use baking soda but it's cheap, works well and isn't messy. First scrape out whatever comes out with a putty knife. Add baking soda. The baking soda sticks to the grease. Scrubbing with a wire brush makes little crumbs of grease much like mixing flour with butter when baking. Steel wool is used for a second scrub with more baking soda. Kerosene or brake cleaner is used to rinse and then finally soap and water. The baking soda is cheap and environmentally friendly. Dispose of the grease/baking soda crumbs together with other motor oil that you recycle.
I'm done fabricating all of the engine run stand pieces. Tonight I mocked things up using an bare 230ci block and bell. I still need to make a few adjustments but now I know things will line up great when I try to install a complete engine. The run stand will get a coat of primer and red paint. The gauges and throttle cable are ready to install. I hope to have an engine running on the stand by mid-January.
See my BLOG entries from prior months below:
My Hobbies are:
- Main BLOG Page
- The Purchase
T5 Info Page
- Thinking about installing a T5? READ THIS FIRST
- Making a Custom Shifter
- Complete T5 Driveline - Installation from Engine to Rear Axle
- S10 T5 Transmission Jeep Shaft Swap - DIY and skip the adapter plate.
- Camaro Drive Gear Relocation
- T5 Tail Stock with a Cable Speedo Connection
- World Class and Non-World Class versions of the T5 - How to tell them apart.
- A possible solution for cable speedometers.
- T5 Transmission Identification - What the Tags and Markings Mean
- What's the difference between a Camaro T5, an S10 T5, and an Astro T5?
- How to determine the T5 gearing
- T5 Transmission Rebuild
- T5 pre-purchase inspection and questions
- T5 Resource List
- T5 Case Inspection
- Bell housing differences
- T5 Drive Gear and Driven Gear Combinations
- A Camaro T5 with the S10 Conversion
Tips & Tricks Section
- DIY 3 Point Seat Belt Installation
- Making the Steering Column Safer
- How to improve gauge cluster lighting.
- Stripping Paint - Polycarbide Abrassive Wheel
- Jeep Cherokee Door Check Modification - Very Simple
- Conversion to dual master cylinder brakes 1963-1966 C10.
- Steering column modification
- A simple way to remove old control arm bushings.
- An easy way to adjust brake shoes
- How to remove a pilot bushing from the crankshaft.
- Cutting spot welds
- E-brake clip removal made easy
- POR 15 with less mess.
- Engine Dolly - EZ to make
- Steering Wheel Restoration Page
- Other Projects
- Random Pics