I cleaned some fan parts earlier because I thought it would rain and ruin my epoxy plans but I managed to paint epoxy after all. The epoxy sure looks nice once I roll it on.
Today was the first day in over a week that the rain hasn't cancelled my plans. I need more sunshine so I can get some work done. I plan to have the cab in primer by the end of the summer. Today I applied primer to the cab roof, one bed side and stripped some new areas. Over the weekend, I did manage to get primer on some other bed pieces.
My 1965 and 1966 trucks have a hand operated E-brake. The E-brake cable has a clip that holds it securely to the frame and another clip securing each rear cable to the rear wheel backing plate. Removing the clip is an interesting and often very difficult task. To remove the cable from the frame or backing plate, you need to depress 3 prongs simultaneously so that the clip can back out of the hole it passes through. After struggling with screwdrivers, pliers, and wasting a lot of time, I finally came up with the best solution. My new method is so simple, I'm ashamed I didn't think of it until now.
We have had high humidity and rain every day for over a week. I can't get stuff done on my cab or drivetrain. The good news is that I have an agreement to sell my parts truck cab and other extra parts this Saturday. No pics to post but I've spent a lot of time taking apart my 66 parts truck. Stay tuned! When the weather clears a bit I hope to do the following:
1. Test fit my 1966 E-brake cables. A conversion from the 1965 style bracket.
2. I'll show you a new entry to the Tips and Tricks Section.
3. I'll put epoxy primer on more of the body parts.
4. Pull some dents with the stud welder.
I mixed some epoxy primer on Sunday but the weather turned bad on me. It has a 72 hour pot life if kept in a sealed container. On Monday I applied some to my cab but had a lot of primer left over. What you see in the bowl is all I mixed up and I had to scramble around and get some more pieces ready for primer. This stuff covers really well and has a lot of solids. Dries pretty fast and easy to work with. I'm pleased so far. Later this week I'll try some tests to see how good the adhesion is. This stuff gets awesome reviews on various forums. Body filler is supposed to be applied AFTER the epoxy primer, so the final bodywork is yet to come.
See my BLOG entries from prior months below:
My Hobbies are:
- Main BLOG Page
- Steering Column Page
T5 Info Page
- Thinking about installing a T5? READ THIS FIRST
- My T5 videos
- Making a Custom Shifter
- Complete T5 Driveline - Installation from Engine to Rear Axle
- S10 T5 Transmission Jeep Shaft Swap - DIY and skip the adapter plate.
- Camaro Drive Gear Relocation
- T5 Tail Stock with a Cable Speedo Connection
- World Class and Non-World Class versions of the T5 - How to tell them apart.
- How to determine the T5 gearing
- A possible solution for cable speedometers.
- T5 Transmission Identification - What the Tags and Markings Mean
- What's the difference between a Camaro T5, an S10 T5, and an Astro T5?
- T5 Transmission Rebuild
- T5 pre-purchase inspection and questions
- T5 Resource List
- T5 Case Inspection
- Bell housing differences
- T5 Drive Gear and Driven Gear Combinations
- A Camaro T5 with the S10 Conversion
Tips & Tricks Section
- Broken Bolt Extraction
- DIY 3 Point Seat Belt Installation
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Removal
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Disassembly
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Rebuild
- 1963 Chevy C10 Steering Column Installation
- Easy Clutch Pedal Adjustment
- Making the Steering Column Safer
- How to improve gauge cluster lighting.
- Stripping Paint - Polycarbide Abrassive Wheel
- Jeep Cherokee Door Check Modification - Very Simple
- Keeping the hood aligned
- DIY All Cable Ebrake System for 1963-1972 C10
- Alignment Tools - Easier than you think
- Conversion to dual master cylinder brakes 1963-1966 C10.
- Steering column modification
- A simple way to remove old control arm bushings.
- An easy way to adjust brake shoes
- How to remove a pilot bushing from the crankshaft.
- Cutting spot welds
- E-brake clip removal made easy
- Harmonic Balancer Installation - Tapping threads in the crank
- POR 15 with less mess.
- Engine Dolly - EZ to make
- Steering Wheel Restoration Page
- Power Brake Booster Page
- Other Projects
- Random Pics