So from now on, it's basically a job of rebuilding the truck, starting with the drivetrain.
Here's an overview of what was accomplished in Phase 3.
1. Remove everything down to the frame and suspension - DONE
2. Compression test the engine - DONE (bad compression test = need a new engine)
3. Finish cleaning and restoring the frame - DONE
4. Purchase a T5 transmission - DONE
5. Purchase body repair panels - Bought a parts truck instead!
6. Restore the instrument cluster. - DONE
7. Restore the steering wheel - 75% done
1. Install a suitable engine. (The parts truck 250ci might be a good engine.)
2. Rebuild and install the T5 tranny.
3. Get the drive shaft shortened.
4. Body panel and patch panel repairs on the cab.
5. Repair the doors.
6. Apply epoxy primer to stripped body panels.
7. Put the cab back on the frame.